2 BEST KOREAN RESTAURANTS YOU SHOULD VISIT IN SEOUL!

I am such a big fan of soup. Chicken broth, Beef broth, Pork broth, Seafood broth. I passionately love those kind of broth that turned into a bowl of soup, especially during the winter or rainy season. So as I got to Seoul in winter back then, here are 2 of my favorite Korean Restaurants which will serve you the best soup in town!

1. Myeongdong Kyoja (명동교자)
Myeongdong Kyoja (명동교자) is a one of the most famous and favorite Korean Noodle restaurants which is located in Myeongdong since decades ago. It is a Michelin Star restaurant in Seoul guys!!! They serve a lot of local people here but you don't have to worry because they still has an English menu. But I don't think you need it anyway because what you need to do is just order the best 2 menus in the restaurant, which is Kalguksu (Korean Noodle Soup) and Mandu (Dumpling). I ordered these 2 menus as all the tables around me ordered the same things as well. So I just said to the waiter "I want that one" while pointing out the table next to me lol.

Kalguksu (₩8,000 / IDR 100,000)

I truly love how the Kalguksu tastes. The seasoning is just perfect. The taste is really simple, not too salty yet really tasty. The beef flavor dominating a lot on the soup. The famous knife-cut and handmade noodle is also really soft yet chewy. This portion also comes with a very big portion of noodle and 4 Mandus inside. So if you come alone here, you don't need to worry that you can still taste the mandu tho.
Mandu (₩10,000 / IDR 125,000)

If you come along to the restaurant with other people, I suggest you to still order the mandu itself because it is the best dumpling I've ever had in Seoul. This portion comes with 10 mandus inside. It is really juicy that you can feel the taste of the pork inside. You will get enough with 1 or 2 mandus because it is really huge, and I mean it. 


29, Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (Myeong-dong 2-ga)
서울특별시 중구 명동10길 29 (명동2가) Tel: +82-2-776-5348 (Main outlet)
Opening Hours: 10:30am – 9:30pm


2. Tosokchon (토속촌) Samgyetang
If you are about to go Gyeongbokgung Palace, you have to stop by to this restaurant because they sell the best Samgyetang (Gingseng Chicken Soup). I could die to come back here!!!! It was really nice to have a very warm bowl of noodle in the middle of cold temperature in Seoul especially during winter season. However, some of the reviews mentioned that you have to queue quite long if you stop by during the lunch time. Luckily I got there at 11 am, so there is no queue at all. Believe me, having a bowl of Ginger Chicken Soup never goes wrong guys!

Gingseng Chicken Soup (₩15,000 / IDR 187,500)
Hameul Pajeon (₩15,000 / IDR 187,500)

This is the apperance of Gingseng Chicken Soup. Honestly it was my first time trying Gingseng Chicken Soup, and I really like it. The taste of gingseng is just fine on my mouth. I am not a big fan of gingseng actually, but it tastes really good. 1 portion of Gingseng Chicken Soup means you will get the whole chicken inside. It also contains of sticky rice inside the chicken which is really good. I really regret tho because I didn't pour those glassed of gingseng inside the bowl. I thought we should drink it all the way after we eat it. But then after I saw some of the locals around me pouring the glass into the bowl, I was like..... what?!?!?! I missed the best part I guess.

I also ordered Hamuel Pajeon randomly as we could not order just 2 menus for 4 people. But I knew that I wouldn't finish 1 portion of the soup for my own. So I decided to order Hamuel Pajeon. It is a Seafood with Green Onion Pancake. Not my favorite one honestly since I don't like green onion. Despite the green onion taste, I feel like the taste of the pancake overall is just so-so. The taste of seafood is not really tasted. It's lose with the smell of the gingseng soup I guess.

Gingseng Black Chicken Soup (₩22,000 / IDR 275,000)

The last one is Gingseng Black Chicken Soup. It's basically just the same with the Gingseng Chicken Soup. The different is only the chicken because it is black. However, I like this chicken as well anyway because it is more tender than the white one. No wonder that the price is really far from the white one. You should give a try at least once anyway when you come here.

And anyway, I really love the taste of the Kimchi here. It is not too sour nor spicy and it is still crunchy all the way on my mouth. Overall I really recommend you to come here especially when you are about to visit Gyeongbokgung Palace because it is really near to the station.


5 Jahamun-ro 5-gil, Sajik-dong Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Tel: +82 2 737 7444
Daily: 10am – 10pm

Post a Comment

0 Comments